Sunday, July 3, 2011

My stripes are my trip

Paint stripes is like create a mountain or a rock. Slow and repetitive. moving my hand from side to side like i always do, not forcing any image to come. i try to keep the surface even and calm. I am doing it because sometime, not always, when it is happening  i feel happy.

100 X 100 cm
oil on canvas


i love colors and I love paint stripes.
First time i heard Jenny Holzer said in an interviw: "i don't want to be a third-generation of stripes painters" the words hits me and i knew for sure what i want to be when i will grow up. And if not third-generation, first generation of stripes painters is enough for me.

 100 x 40 cm
oil on canvas


 60 x 40 cm
oil on canvas



40 X 50 cm
oil on canvas  




 100 x 40 cm
oil on canvas



 60 x 40 cm
oil on canvas



i've got alot of courage and inspiration from Sean Landers. He showed me that Stripes can still be original, radical, and critical. it was that time when i left the masking tape for ever as i always wanted to do.












 
this group of sketches i did in 2005 on my balcony in Dharamkot  in North of India, facing the Himalaya mountains. 
all sketches done with poster colors on A4 size paper.





2 comments:

  1. i like it! easpecially i liked the 2nd painting, the one with the blue colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete